First you are acquaintances, then you are friends. What’s the transition?
Today I was thinking about the difference between one stage and another. What happens?
Here’s what I think a friend is. You are truly friends when…
– you spend time together because you want to, for pleasure.
– the other person’s counsel and welfare become exceptionally important.
– the silence between you is comfortable.
– you are each yourselves when you are together.
– when the other person is not in your life, you notice.
– you help each other and rely on one another.
– there is mutual fascination, trust and understanding.
If you have something else to add, please comment!